mercoledì 7 agosto 2019

A Bag full of... - Saying Bye on Friday 19th


Sadly to say, but the Galway Girl is going back home.

Yesterday evening we met up for our farewell party and eventually stopped at the pub Ed Sheeran had his video "Galway Girl" filmed, quite odd, isn't it? We started talking about our stay and were sad we were going to leave as we had been getting on quite well together. We ended up speaking about the bag full of game.

On our first lesson @ALMM 2019 in Galway, we pictured a bag full of expectations and competences: how we would contribute to the course and what we were hoping we might get from the course. Frankly I hadn't included it all!!! My bag now is full of wonderful memories and fantastic journeys, discoveries of European cultures and how easy it is to get together and be truly European, understanding of different cultures by struggling to go over stereotyping (the average Italian is quite a difficult-to-get-rid-of stereotype), good ideas for lesson planning and several techniques to improve the materials I use and the ones I will create, plenty of strategies to make them more flexible and inclusive, (if it is possible) more apps to make learning more interactive and to stimulate learners further. But most of all I am stuffing my bag with the people I met: Margit and her love for music, Artur and Magda who caught up really fast with our group and brought very good laughs, Stephan and his different and original perspective, Marieta and her perfect knowledge of English (the walks and the music we shared), the Austrian teachers Ute and Isabella who were always a step ahead, Maria who dared swimming in the ocean, Maria who was a pleasure to work with, Jana - the one who sparked up our lessons and my journeys, who shared laughs and performances, lessons and future projects.

My bag is fully ready to leave Galway and to be opened once in Italy when I need new enthusiasm and memories, when I am in my classes again to try to make my teaching more effective.

Just thank you!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento